An der Mosel 56
Telephone: +49 / (0)6541 / 813 710
The urban area covers a total area of 31.350.000 m² with large
proportion of forest, ideal for walking. Left of the Moselle is the district "Traben"
at the foot of the former fortress "Mont Royal". Right of the river is
the district "Trarbach" with the castle ruin "Grevenburg".
While Traben is located on the wide banks of the Moselle, Trarbach extends oblong between steep mountains.
The current districts Litzig, Wolf, Bad Wildenstein, Rißbach, Kautenbach and Hödeshof
at that time belonged to the county, "Sponheim" (with the exception of Kautenbach) whose capital was Trarbach.
At great fire on 21.07.1857, Trarbach was almost completely destroyed by fire.
In 1898, the first bridge between Traben and Trarbach was built by the design of architect Bruno Möhring.
This bridge (destroyed in 1945) was the first road bridge between Bernkastel and Koblenz.
In 1904 the community of Traben and the town Trarbach were united to Traben-Trarbach.
Until 1996, decades motor boat races were held on the Moselle.